Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Man Says Islam Justifies His Marriage to 8-Year-Old Girl...

"A Saudi man in his 50s has announced that he refuses to annul his year-and-a half-long marriage to an eight-year-old girl, because he claims never to have done anything forbidden by Islamic law.
He said that Islamic law does not set a specific age for marriage, and that the Prophet Muhammad married 'Aisha when she was nine. "
- From The MEMRI Blog

There is someone who agrees with the man. He is a respected leader of a large segment of Maldivian society. He is the Head of the Islamic Council of the Maldivian Democratic Party.
"Sheikhu (B.A.) Naseem", educated in Islamic teaching in Saudi Arabia wrote a letter to Minivan Daily :

ކޮންމެއަކަސް އަށާރައަހަރު ފުރުނީމާނޫނީ ކައިވެނި ނުކުރެވޭ ޤާނޫނެއް ދީނާޚިލާފަށް ފާސްކުރުމުން

The link to Minivan Daily does not exist now. In the letter he wanted to remove restrictions to the age of marriage so that good muslim men could follow the example of Mohammed.
  • "We have indeed, in the Messenger of Allah, a good example (of conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day." [Holy Qur'an 33: ayat 21]

What does it say about the people who elected this man to such a position?

In the video below a Sharia Expert Defends Child Marriage.





Thus according to Islam the crime of an adult who sexually abuses a seven year old child would be that he did not enter into a "marriage contract" with the childs father. The act of an old man sexually assaulting a child by itself is not a crime in Islam. It is a crime if you do not have the fathers permission!!!!



In the Hadith below, an old man is describing his dreams of an "uncovered" child.

  • Narrated 'Aisha:
    “Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.” - Sahih Bukhari (9.140)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:08 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete